Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Another one of those "no basic stamp found" threads — Parallax Forums

Another one of those "no basic stamp found" threads

watmel1watmel1 Posts: 3
edited 2014-10-18 19:37 in BASIC Stamp
Except this time I have literally tried everything. Tried multiple functional cables, changed the latency settings, changed the buffer settings, turned off the FIFO Smile, read every single one of these threads... everything. I get a loopback but no echo. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And It's literally driving me insane.

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2014-10-03 01:33
    You have checked the battery I assume, and if there is a switch on your board it's in at least position 1 or 2? ... Also is the USB to Serial adapter integrated into the Basic Stamp Board, or is it a separate dongle? If the latter, is the Dongle from Parallax using the latest FTDI drivers? ... Have you tried UN-installing the drivers from the Device driver within windows and tried a fresh re-install of the FTDI driver?
  • watmel1watmel1 Posts: 3
    edited 2014-10-03 12:58
    It's the integrated serial adapter version. I tried it on both 1 & 2. Unintalled all the drivers from the computer and Basic stamp and reinstalled them. I still only get a loopback and no echo and the no basic stamps found error message. I'm literally failing my class because of this.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2014-10-03 13:16
    Is anything plugged into the stamp that might be causing a short (Try removing all attached wires and components from the Stamp)? Is the stamp oriented correctly in the socket? ... What is the voltage reading on the Stamp across the Vdd and Vss pins?
  • watmel1watmel1 Posts: 3
    edited 2014-10-03 13:28
    I reinstalled everything once again and restarted my computer and finally got it to work thanks for the support.
  • sb5sb5 Posts: 1
    edited 2014-10-18 19:37
    I just went through the same, and, I had a weak battery- seemed to have plenty of juice with the tongue test, but only had 7 volts, put in a new battery which measured 9 volts and it found the stamp and sent and recieved the programs. Also: If you had the FIFO options on the advanced settings page of the device manager, you don't have the FTDI driver. I have both and only the FTDI cable/driver works.I think the cable matters as the DB9 connector end has a converter inside. Mine has a sticker that says FTDI-LED. There are several other than LED, I don't the differences. $15 on amazon.