Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Lego mini 4 wheel drive with BOE board — Parallax Forums

Lego mini 4 wheel drive with BOE board

CrazyrabbitCrazyrabbit Posts: 116
edited 2014-10-01 07:00 in Robotics
This is the first H bridge program I have made using sensors. So far so good. It is not fast, but has alot of torque. This is the geared up version that works. The Lego motors are rated at 9V, but using 7.2V through a H bridge. Similar modified Whisker program as the Lego Boe Bot just listed.

Here is a short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqyO398HOCY&feature=youtu.be

IMG_1477.jpg
IMG_1478.jpg
1024 x 768 - 105K
1024 x 768 - 109K

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2014-09-23 15:31
    Nice bots, crazyrabbit, and you're cranking them out two at a time! Fabulous work, we're ready to see a figure 8 any time you are. :)

Looks like this guy has also been into Lego for a while... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wEJ1Tk4K30
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-09-23 23:21
    That is quite awesome. It's also a sign that someone has way too much time on their hands!!!!
  • CrazyrabbitCrazyrabbit Posts: 116
    edited 2014-09-30 15:17
    No Erco,really just started the Lego thing this last summer. Thought I could get some Lego converts to the BS2 at the Detroit Maker Faire last July. Just starting on the Lego NXT controller. So easy to program, but limited. The best thing is the bluetooth programming and remote control. Still take the BS2. Lots of I / O.
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2014-10-01 07:00
    Good for you with following through with using Lego robots and Parallax gear.
    No Erco,really just started the Lego thing this last summer. Thought I could get some Lego converts to the BS2 at the Detroit Maker Faire last July. Just starting on the Lego NXT controller. So easy to program, but limited. The best thing is the bluetooth programming and remote control. Still take the BS2. Lots of I / O.

My son and I have an NXT set and we've built a few robots with it. But found the NXT brick is limiting after your do a few projects. It also gets really expensive to interface custom sensors to it.