Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about Easy Bluetooth connection — Parallax Forums

Question about Easy Bluetooth connection

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2014-09-15 08:51 in Accessories
I downloaded the file located in the OBEX for Android control of an Activity Bot using an Easy Bluetooth module. It states that it is designed for use with the EBT module. So, I am just wondering which pins do I connect Rx and Tx to? Also, has anyone been able to get this going?

Comments

• twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
    edited 2014-09-12 18:55
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    I downloaded the file located in the OBEX for Android control of an Activity Bot using an Easy Bluetooth module. It states that it is designed for use with the EBT module. So, I am just wondering which pins do I connect Rx and Tx to? Also, has anyone been able to get this going?

This post is where that program was introduced:
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/152003-MyActivityBot-(Android-App)-Motion-Control-your-bot?highlight=activitybot

I downloaded the app and the activitybot program. I think there was a manual in one of the folders, but I can't find it now.
    It was for the EBT module and the manual showed how to hook it up. I didn't have an EBT so I had to make some changes for my setup and I had to use different pins for Rx and Tx. The pin numbers are in the program header files, but the manual was clear and showed which ones to use.

I did get the program working on my ActivityBot, but I found trying to control the bot by tilting my tablet (Samsung Tab2 at the time) to not work very well. My tablet didn't send tilt data smoothly and sometimes nothing would change and other times the bot would run away. Other people had no problem with their android device.

Tom
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-09-12 22:36
    Thanks. however, as I figured out my EBT is bad, I will need to wait until I get a replacement.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-09-15 08:51
    I created some code for the ActivityBot in SPIN for the RN-42 Bluetooth Module and an Android App I had previously posted for the BoE-Bot. If it helps, here's a link.

http://www.savagecircuits.com/content.php?187-Bluetooth-BoE-Bot-Demo