Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Whats new ... — Parallax Forums

Whats new ...

RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
edited 2014-09-07 11:40 in Learn with BlocklyProp
in the Learn.com and SimpleIDE 1.0? In my robot project, using an Activity Board, I decided I needed the use of a new COG, and to my surprise, on the Learn site, I found this: cog_run(&aaaa, xx). My robot project uses the Raspberry Pi with the installation of SimpleIDE to program the Activity Board, so I tried the standard blinker program, and it worked. Do not know whose idea it was too come with such a simple format, but it works for me. Feeling so encouraged I dug out one of my other boards and tried a blinker program in a new COG with the XMMC memory model, no joy on that one. I thought their was some talk that you would be able to start new COGs in XMMC mode?

I guess the next question is, are there any other new items that are there that people may not be aware of?

Ray

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-09-07 09:41
    Steve recently posted the SimpleIDE user guide. On page 2 it lists what's new in the latest versions.

I'm about to make a serious effort to get up and running with C on the Propeller.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-09-07 10:51
    Has Version 1 been released? Where can I download it from?
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-09-07 11:05
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    Has Version 1 been released? Where can I download it from?

Version 1 hasn't been released yet. Steve was looking for feedback on the manual before they release version 1.

Just today I downloaded SimpleIDE from a link on the Learn site and this latest version (for Windows) is 0.9.64.
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2014-09-07 11:40
    Hi Ray,

XMMC multi-core is not available yet and will not be in the SimpleIDE v1.0 package release. I'm investigating other possibilities for xmm multicore using spinwrap for a follow up release.

The propellergcc default branch has not been qualified as release quality yet, and that's the only place where propellergcc "native" XMM multicore is possible at this time. I have no idea when it will be qualified. Parallax hasn't given it a priority for testing it yet, and I'm swamped with other things, so it's up to someone else to run the propellergcc default branch qualification program. I'll help as necessary, but I'm not the propellergcc lead anymore and I'm not running the qualification program.