Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Very Large LED Display in British Science Museum — Parallax Forums

Very Large LED Display in British Science Museum

tomcrawfordtomcrawford Posts: 1,126
edited 2014-08-25 16:40 in General Discussion
Here is a photo of a very large LED display. The LEDs are on the inside of a circle. I reckon the circle is about 60' diameter; 188 feet circumference. Assuming 40 LEDs to the inch says about 7,500 (by eight ( I think) rows) LEDs. Call it 8192 x 8. Take THAT, Duane. :-)
P1070692.jpg

It is a moving display, text appearing to move in both directions. There are also blocks of solid light, and random bits that come on in a bunch and then decay. It is extremely cool. It is in the British Science Museum in Kensington. I want one. Even if it *is* monochrome.
1024 x 768 - 114K

Comments

• SapphireSapphire Posts: 496
    edited 2014-08-25 14:51
    You want one? Where are you going to put it???
  • Mark_TMark_T Posts: 1,981
    edited 2014-08-25 16:40

It is a moving display, text appearing to move in both directions. There are also blocks of solid light, and random bits that come on in a bunch and then decay. It is extremely cool. It is in the British Science Museum in Kensington. I want one. Even if it *is* monochrome.

If you think that's cool check out the lift by the entrance - most people fail to notice that its driven by a hydraulic piston from
    below that's the full height of the building. Well I thought that was cool, its not signified in any way.

The glass bridge on one of the floors is a glass-decked suspension bridge held up by very thin steel wires, thin enough to
    make you think twice about trusting it!

Its a huge place, takes 2 days or more I reckon to explore.