Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forums Upgrade — Parallax Forums

Forums Upgrade

BumpBump Posts: 592
edited 2014-08-13 14:31 in Announcements
Greetings gentlefolk of the Parallax Discussion Forums!

Today going until whenever, which is a pretty nice chunk of time, we're inviting all of you lovely people to join us at scenic over here - http://preview.forums.parallax.com

Preview Forums? What's this about Mr. Bump?

We're making our way down the path that extends into the future, and as we travel we'd like to come along with us. We've practiced migrating without migraines, posting without problems, designing without dilemmas, and alliterating awesomely. Now we just need to come over and check out the testbed-preview to get a feel for what's to come.

We'd also like for this community to let us know about aspects of the new forums that may be missing from the preview which exist now and that you value.

It Doesn't have all my stuff...
Correct, this is just a preview instance. We have other copies that we've migrated and made sure all the links still match up, user accounts persist, and all the files survive the jump. You will need to make a new account on the preview site to post, and all information will be purged after we've taken it down.

Where should I post concerns?
Feel free to create a new account on the preview forums and post there; even when the forums are down I'll still have access to them so we can evaluate what needs to happen before we do this for real. Nothing is stopping you from talking about it on our active discussion forums though, if you want you could talk about it in general; however posts about the preview on the preview forums will be easier to find for my purposes.

The future?
There will be some changes to expect, that's a given, all of our tech marches forward and we find the solutions that best fit our goals. We would like to make these transitions as painless as possible and we'd love your feedback to help make this happen. The newer forums bring some great advantages to what we can potentially offer for community interaction, so making this happen will be a big bonus.

Alright, I'll try it.
Great to hear - http://preview.forums.parallax.com/

We're looking forward to hearing from you.