Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial train problems gap problems between bit 7 and bit 8 — Parallax Forums

Serial train problems gap problems between bit 7 and bit 8

Rosalina1011Rosalina1011 Posts: 4
edited 2014-08-11 18:14 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I removed the pause from the receiver and stillI have the same problem. When I view the serial train from the serial out from the transmit stamp 2 chip on a digital scope there is a gap between bit 7 and bit 8. Is it possible I am looking at the stop pulse bit of bit 0 to bit 7 serial train ? I notice after the gap between bit 7 and bit 8 the serial train starts again from bit 8 to bit 15. My question is can the stamp 2 coding instruct the transmit stamp 2 IC to do a pulse serial train continuously from bit 0 to bit 15 with no gaps ? The only gap would be from bit 15 to bit 0.
Here the codeing:

loop
serout 16,84+$4000,[ins.lowbyte,ins.highbyte
goto loop

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-08-11 18:14
    First I wanted to post a slightly cleaner version of your code. Then I have a few requests in order to help you.
    ' {$STAMP BS2}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}
    DO
      SEROUT 16, 84, [INS.LOWBYTE, INS.HIGHBYTE]
    LOOP

Since you're basically sending the 16 I/O pins inputs out through serial as fast as can be processed, then on the other side you should be essentially the opposite as what you're doing here. As per our phone conversation I would like to see the scope screenshots of what you're experiencing. But more importantly I would need to see a schematic of how you have things hooked up. You're using 16 for the SEROUT which means using the programming port, but you can't just connect the two boards directly together, so it would help to know exactly what is connected and how. Same with the I/O pins. Please post a schematic diagram and I will attempt to help you further.