Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Anybody Using HiTech Aurora Telemetry? — Parallax Forums

Anybody Using HiTech Aurora Telemetry?

trangertranger Posts: 179
edited 2014-08-11 17:59 in Robotics
I have an Aurora 9 radio with a 7 channel receiver that I use with my Elev-8. This combo has telemetry capability to send sensor data from the receiver (transceiver might be more accurate) to the radio. Out of the box it will monitor the battery voltage if you connect the LiPo to the SPC (Supplementary Power Connection) port of the receiver. Additional capabilities can be had by using a 'sensor station' that reads various sensor data and communicates this to the radio.

The receiver unlocks screens on the radio if the sensor station is found where the info is displayed. Apparently you can also download logs of the various data after your flight.

So, I've found this sensor station project on the web and built a kit. http://www.d68.nl/sensorboard/using.html

It communicates fine with the receiver IF the receiver is powered by 5V thru the BAT port. However, I haven't been able to get it working with the receiver powered by the SPC port.

Anybody using this setup?

-Russ

Comments

• trangertranger Posts: 179
    edited 2014-08-11 17:59
    OK, it works now :smile: At least the sensor screens are unlocked on the radio, I haven't tried downloading data yet. I must have had an issue with power to the sensor station. I'm using one of the open ESC output channels on the Hoverfly board to get my 5V to the sensor station. I would really rather get it elsewhere, but I don't have a 5V supply on the aircraft other than the BEC's.

-Russ