Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret on Activity board + XBee WiFi module — Parallax Forums

Spinneret on Activity board + XBee WiFi module

Mag748Mag748 Posts: 263
edited 2014-08-13 10:17 in Accessories
Seems like it should be pretty straight forward. Haven't looked into it yet but thats where I'm headed. The activity board has everything you'd need. Anyone attempt this with any luck?

Thanks,

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-08-13 09:29
    I removed your duplicate post in the Wireless Forum since this is specific to the Spinneret and not the XBee Module. What is it you're trying to do with the XBee Module?
  • Mag748Mag748 Posts: 263
    edited 2014-08-13 09:37
    Thanks for cleaning up my mess :)

I'd like to run a very basic web server using the XBee WiFi module on the activity board. It looks like the Spinneret is coded specifically for the WizNet series of Ethernet modules. I wanted to know if anyone has any resources on how to interface the XBee Wifi with the web server part of the Spinneret. I know the WizNet is capable of opening several sockets (I believe 4) simultaneously. Is this possible on the XBee WiFi? And if not, is this a limitation which will not allow the XBee WiFi to function as part of a web server?

Thanks,
    Marcus
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-08-13 10:17
    The XBee Wi-Fi is capable of sending UDP or TCP Packets over a specific port (both sides must be set the same). Web pages use port 80 by default, though you could configure your router to forward to another port. That said, before getting into this I had previously looked to see if anyone has already done this and found the following information which you may find quite useful.

http://www.digi.com/support/forum/37564/getting-xbee-wifi-module-work-correctly-tcp-mode-with-browser