Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
StampWorks — Parallax Forums

StampWorks

MarkDeSouzaMarkDeSouza Posts: 17
edited 2014-08-05 21:00 in BASIC Stamp
I do not see a lot on StampWorks on the Forums. Am I missing something? The board looks like a professional development board. Is it past its EOL?

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-08-04 16:16
    Sadly, it looks as though the Professional Board has been discontinued.

The schematic and documentation lives on for you to reproduce the experiments.

The free book

T
    he free source code.
  • GenetixGenetix Posts: 1,753
    edited 2014-08-04 17:10
    Mark, Parallax might have discontinued it but you should still be able to get it through a reseller for a while.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2014-08-04 17:43
    You gotta be kidding me. Was there an EOL announcement from Parallax? I never saw one, or a discontinued notice. I would have grabbed one had I known.

Ken, if I raise as much ruckus as I did about the ServoPal, will Ari resurrect the PDB?
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2014-08-04 20:01
    erco wrote: »
    You gotta be kidding me. Was there an EOL announcement from Parallax? I never saw one, or a discontinued notice. I would have grabbed one had I known.

Ken, if I raise as much ruckus as I did about the ServoPal, will Ari resurrect the PDB?

Aww, come on guys! While it's a great kit, it's also maybe 12 years old.

What you need to understand is that we can't maintain so many kits. When the volume starts to go down and parts become obsolete we have to make some tough decisions. The StampWorks kit remains one of our best, but it was becoming obsolete due to high cost, low volume and - the biggest issue of all - component obsolescence. To continue it would mean you wouldn't have newer products like ActivityBots, GPS modules or whatever else we are producing.

These kits are certainly out there in distribution and you can still buy them. Worse case I'm sure I could rustle one up from our office.

Ken Gracey
    edited 2014-08-05 07:26
    Thanks Ken. I nabbed this one off Ebay just this morning for $90: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271560153940

It would be nice to know when these things get the axe, though. Give a girl a chance, Captain! :)
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-08-05 13:36
    Want to buy another? I have one that I never use since switching to the Prop. I also have several Stamps to unload.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-08-05 14:39
    erco wrote: »
    Thanks Ken. I nabbed this one off Ebay just this morning for $90: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271560153940

It would be nice to know when these things get the axe, though. Give a girl a chance, Captain! :)

Nice score erco!
    edited 2014-08-05 17:51
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    Want to buy another? I have one that I never use since switching to the Prop. I also have several Stamps to unload.

I bet someone else may bite. Name your price and post in classifieds.
    Publison wrote: »
    Nice score erco!

I thought so, especially since it includes a BS2. Rev J vanilla is my favorite flavor!
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-08-05 21:00
    I bet someone else may bite. Name your price and post in classifieds.
    Yea, I most likely will here soon. I have several other Stamp related items and other items that I will be selling once school is back in. I will list my electronics items here first and then on EBay. Once school is in session you normally get more hits on EBay.