Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PIR Sensor and X-Band Motion Detector — Parallax Forums

PIR Sensor and X-Band Motion Detector

_sheena_sheena Posts: 1
edited 2014-07-30 19:39 in Accessories
Hi! We have a project, and I am wondering if we could use both the PIR Sensor (555-28027) and the X-Band Motion Detector (32213) to assure that the detection is precised. Could it be possible that in order to enable the X-Band Motion Detector, the PIR Sensor must be triggered first?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-07-30 11:32
    Are you referring to powering up the X-Band after the PIR has sensed motion? If so this has come up before and it can't really be realized since there is an inherent hold-off time on the X-Band once it has powered up. It has been found through practice that by the time it is ready the motion has passed the detection area.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2014-07-30 12:43
    Chris, I think _sheena is asking a slightly different question. _sheena only wants to check the X-Band I/O state if the PIR sensor has already been triggered.

If this is the question, then of course the answer is yes - it's entirely possible and just a matter of structuring the code.

Ken Gracey
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-07-30 13:15
    Okay, yeah, the one I was thinking was a battery powered system and they only wanted the X-Band to power up when the PIR detected motion for confirmation. If they're both running you could easily do this.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2014-07-30 16:33
    Yet it seems both of our replies were probably not all that necessary since the original poster seems to have vaporized.

Ken Gracey
  • SavageCircuitsSavageCircuits Posts: 234
    edited 2014-07-30 19:39
    They do that sometimes. It's the heat, I think. :cool: