Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Error message — Parallax Forums

Error message

KimRKimR Posts: 2
edited 2014-07-30 10:15 in Learn with BlocklyProp
getting a "failed to open 'filename' " message when trying to load my code. was working fine 3 days ago. Any suggestions as to what I'm missing or doing wrong?

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-07-27 09:57
    @KimR

Welcome to the forums!

Are you using SimpleIDE? Did you recently upgrade the software or the Learn folders?

If you could attach the .SIDE Project, that might help. And a little info on your computer environment, PC, MAC, Linux.
  • KimRKimR Posts: 2
    edited 2014-07-27 10:07
    SimpleIDE is what I'm using. The only upgrades I have performed were the initial diver updates and learn folders when I first started the class. PC with windows 8

I'm thinking I have it saved wrong or something, not allowing the program to open my file.
  • twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
    edited 2014-07-28 06:19
    KimR wrote: »
    SimpleIDE is what I'm using. The only upgrades I have performed were the initial diver updates and learn folders when I first started the class. PC with windows 8

I'm thinking I have it saved wrong or something, not allowing the program to open my file.

I loaded your code into SimpleIDE (windows XP), and tried it with both the older Learn folder (2013-11-01) and the current Learn Folder (2014-05-14). Both compiled and built without an error.

To load your code into SimpleIDE I opened a new project, deleted the C stuff that is automatically loaded (header, space for main, etc.) and copy/pasted your code.

Tom
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2014-07-30 10:15
    KimR wrote: »

Hi.

Sorry to see you're having trouble.

How did you save it? This is an important question because if you used project view File -> Save As or the Tool bar Save as button with File enabled, then it did not save a project. SimpleIDE uses projects to manage builds which is different from Basic Stamp and Propeller Tool editors.

The main problem is we have no clue what has caused your build error. Can you please recreate your error and open the build status, right-click the in the build-status to select all, then right-click copy. (the release will have a Build Error Rescue button that makes this easier). Paste the contents here.