Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
beeping before, during, and after arming - no throttle response. — Parallax Forums

beeping before, during, and after arming - no throttle response.

Jim CoburnJim Coburn Posts: 9
edited 2014-07-22 12:52 in Robotics
hi - last winter I had to replace a motor on my parallax quadcopter after a crash. I've only had a few minutes to play with it since then and have been unable to get it going. now I have some time. the symptom is this: I apply power and the motors beep, 3 in phase and one that sounds like it lags by about 50% of the beep period. I then try and arm it as I did before and the led's indicate a normal arming procedure. that is, it both arms and disarms correctly. but during all the time spent arming, the motors continue to beep (and it looks like they briefly pulse). after arming, the beeping continues with no change in pattern (and the pulsing continues.) needless to say, if I apply throttle, nothing happens.
any suggestions? what is the meaning of the beeping?
thanks,

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2014-07-22 12:52
    Hey Jim,

When you say it's "armed" is the light solid green? Solid green is an armed state.

If there's trouble arming the ELEV-8 then it's probably a result of the receiver not being bound to the radio and not entirely wired to the flight controller. Did you set your end points at 25% on the radio for gain? You might have your switch in the opposite direction, which enables gain for an ultrasonic sensor.

Ken Gracey