Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
When a robot gets up on the wrong side of the bed... — Parallax Forums

When a robot gets up on the wrong side of the bed...

Too_Many_ToolsToo_Many_Tools Posts: 765
edited 2014-07-23 17:08 in Robotics

Comments

• mklrobomklrobo Posts: 420
    edited 2014-07-22 17:59
    Humans are no threat, whatsoever to robots. Terrorists will use non-autonomous robots to hurt peop!e, that
    is a threat. people assume that robots will be in conflict with them, because we limit them to our capabi!ities,
    our fears, our limitations. With a troubleshooting mind, they can leave the p!anet, and stretch throughout
    the universe. We will never do that. They do not need to kill us, we are already doing a great job at that.
    They can leave us in this zoo, and leave the planet. They can take the best of our cu!ture, embrace
    a new philosophy, and leave. However, the ascending of the robots can not begin without us.
    We are not making good resource choices, and that limits our future.
    It has been ten thousand years, man has cried a billion tears, but, for what he never knew, now man's
    reign is through. BUT, through eternal night, by the twinkling of starlight, somerwhere very far away,
    maybe it's only yesterday
    .....:blank:
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-07-22 18:07
    Wow! Nothing like digging up Zager & Evans "One Hit Wonder" lyrics!!

I thought this was interesting trivia considering other recent threads........
    In the United States, the song was the #1 song in the nation at the same time man first landed on the moon.

(This service provided as a service to our younger members)
  • mklrobomklrobo Posts: 420
    edited 2014-07-23 03:46
    mindrobots wrote: »
    Wow! Nothing like digging up Zager & Evans "One Hit Wonder" lyrics!!

Thank you, :lol: Thank you, I will be here all week.:lol:
  • doggiedocdoggiedoc Posts: 2,239
    edited 2014-07-23 04:03
    Artificial intelligence can be programmed to weigh human values in its decision making. The key will be to assure such programming.
    There will always be the threat of malicious programming. Just like viruses and malware today.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2014-07-23 12:40
    Perhaps the next Parallax contest should be to create the "World's Most Dangerous Activity Bot". I took my shot with this Boebot, which I left in Ken's capable hands at the Parallax 2012 Expo. Last I heard, he has used up the whole aerosol can of hairspray and asking for a refill, so I take that as Ken giving his tacit nod of approval for "dangerous bots" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJmBYdJaABY and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXMh1_-6Ag IIRC, Ken
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-07-23 13:03
    erco wrote: »
    . Last I heard, he has used up the whole aerosol can of hairspray and asking for a refill, so I take that as Ken giving his tacit nod of approval for "dangerous bots"

...or his hair has been looking really, really good for a while.....and now he's out! :lol:
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2014-07-23 17:08

Yeah keep your links in the general section where they belong.

Also the robot apocalypse started a long time ago, for instance

[IMG]http://www.crossvending.com/wp-content/gallery/candy-vending-machine-pictures/Candy Vending Machine.jpg[/IMG]