PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
edited 2014-08-14 15:41 in Robotics
Kyle ,
I will move it to Muli-Rotor as requested

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/156914-Elev-8-DX8

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-08-13 16:02
    I've been working (on and off) on a hexacopter based on what I learned from the ELEV-8. I've been meaning to document the project here on Parallax. Where should I start the thread? In the Project forum (since it's a project) or the multi-rotor forum (since it's multi-rotor)?

Ken or Kyle do either of you have an opinion on the matter?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-08-13 16:21
    Duane,

Kyle is trying to direct all quad-hex-octot copter questions to the new Multirotor Forum.

But given that, I would put it in the project forum for now because most of us visit it more often. It can be moved later.

I'm trying to think of ways to promote the Multirotor forum..
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2014-08-13 17:34
    Publison wrote: »
    But given that, I would put it in the project forum for now because most of us visit it more often. It can be moved later.

I'm trying to think of ways to promote the Multirotor forum..

Hmm. Maybe you should promote the Project forum too. This may be my second all-time visit here.
  • Kyle M.Kyle M. Posts: 112
    edited 2014-08-14 08:43
    Thanks for the move.
    Duane, I would post it in the Multirotor forum. While I very much agree that right now the project forum gets more views; multirotor forum viewership will only increase if content is posted there.

EDIT: I for one recognize that the Forums are, in my opinion, can be difficult to navigate, especially for newbies (an issue common to just about every forum on the internet). I don't want to speak for other employees, so I will only say that I'm not alone in thinking that. That's part of why a Forums Upgrade is in the works! yay!
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-08-14 09:03
    Kyle M. wrote: »
    I for one recognize that the Forums are, in my opinion, can be difficult to navigate, especially for newbies (an issue common to just about every forum on the internet).

Kyle ,

Personal opinion here. Creating a Sub-Forum makes it MORE difficult to navigate. It will be lost unless someone subscribes to the certain forun.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-08-14 15:03
    Creating a Sub-Forum makes it MORE difficult
    Agreed. I think it should have its own Forum.
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2014-08-14 15:41
    Publison wrote: »
    Kyle ,

Personal opinion here. Creating a Sub-Forum makes it MORE difficult to navigate. It will be lost unless someone subscribes to the certain forun.

I agree, and I also suggested in another thread that a "Multi rotor" forum may exclude other very relevant discussions about other types of airborne robots - there are also single rotor helicopters, fixed wing and others such as powered parachutes. My autonomous BS2 controlled fixed wing airplane for example, which forum does it belong in?