Shop Learn
Improved GEAR Emulator - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Improved GEAR Emulator

13»

Comments

  • Hi @Gatuno, @davispuh

    I would very much like to try out your new Gear Emulator, but I'm not having any luck getting it to compile and work on my machine.

    I have a Windows 10 64-bit system I'm using for development.

    I cloned the GitHub repository from this site:
    https://github.com/davispuh/gear-emu

    Here it is cloned on my PC:
    GearFolder.jpg

    I've installed the latest release of Mono on my PC ( Stable Release 5.20.1). Right now I'm using the 32-Bit version but I had the same compile problem with the 64-bit as well.

    When I execute the compilemon.bat batch file, it get a pkg-config error:
    GearError.jpg

    Any idea what's causing this and if there's a way to work around it?

    The screenshots of your latest release look quite impressive so I would really like to get it working if possible.

    Thanks
    720 x 728 - 61K
    881 x 510 - 82K
  • Disregard.

    I just downloaded the latest version of Visual Studio and was able to successfully compile this application.

    Now it's time to do some exploring with this newer version of GEAR and see what it can do...
  • yetiyeti Posts: 813
    edited 2019-07-18 07:26
    With Mono on Debian9 and -10 this [works for me]™:
    git clone https://github.com/davispuh/gear-emu.git
    cd gear-emu
    xbuild /p:Configuration=Release /p:TargetFrameworkVersion="v4.5" /p:Platform="Any CPU"
    

    Without '/p:Platform="Any CPU"' Mono binaries built on 64bit Debian did not run on 32bitish Windows. Maybe this happens with builds on 64bit Windows systems too.
  • yetiyeti Posts: 813
    edited 2019-09-22 18:59
    I no longer can change the time settings in Gear's Logic Probe view. This neither with Gear.exe as downloaded from GitHub (https://github.com/davispuh/gear-emu/releases/tag/V14.07.03), nor with a self built one of that same tag.

    I'm building exactly the version of the latest release (V14.07.03 aka e5743a9):
    $ git log --max-count=1
    commit e5743a9066d5e69b0af16ef382c982856913655a (HEAD, tag: V14.07.03)
    Author: Dāvis <davispuh@gmail.com>
    Date:   Sat Jul 12 01:28:27 2014 +0300
    
        Update changelog for V14.07.03
    

    This worked months ago with the same binaries (downloaded and built at home), and maybe the Debian9-to-10 upgrade is the culprit here.

    Can someone confirm this problem in the same or other environments too? Is it worth opening an issue?
    Edit: Currently installed Mono version:
    $ apt-cache policy mono-runtime
    mono-runtime:
      Installed: 5.18.0.240+dfsg-3
      Candidate: 5.18.0.240+dfsg-3
      Version table:
     *** 5.18.0.240+dfsg-3 500
            500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    

    Interestingly changing e.g. the baud rate in the "serial" plugin works.
  • GatunoGatuno Posts: 23
    edited 2022-05-18 16:41

    I finally got advance in this problem: is about mono packages installed.

    The easy workaround is install all mono packages:
    $ sudo apt install mono-complete
    and run like:
    $ mono Gear.exe

    I'll continue investigate what are the minimal packages requeriments, but this open the door to use the same binary released in github repository davispuh/gear-emu/releases, no need to compile.

Sign In or Register to comment.