Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Force Sensor Demo Kit — Parallax Forums

Force Sensor Demo Kit

SharwariSharwari Posts: 1
edited 2014-06-29 15:48 in Accessories
Hi,

I have Parallax Force Sensor Demo Kit 30056. Please help me with the following.

What does A B C D E F and 1 2 3 4 5 6 correspond to and what do the markings in the boxes mean?

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-06-27 19:03
    Can you post a pic of what you are talking about? I have a couple of these sensors but have not messed with them in a while. What MCU and program are you using? I will test it out to see if I can duplicate and answer your question.
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2014-06-28 23:06
    Just a guess - it has to do with manufacturing or identification, possibly the value of the sensor or some other info related to production. Think about it in manufacturing terms, you need to have some weird marking on there to make people ask questions or it wouldn't be any fun.
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-06-29 01:04
    Sharwari wrote: »
    Hi,

I have Parallax Force Sensor Demo Kit 30056. Please help me with the following.

What does A B C D E F and 1 2 3 4 5 6 correspond to and what do the markings in the boxes mean?

The markings tell you which specific sensor it is. They are check boxes to indicate how much resistance the sensor has and how much load it can handle. Normally these codes would be listed in the datasheet but I didn't see any codes on this one.

You don't need to worry about this since the documentation on the product page tells you how to use it.

It usually a good idea to link to the product you're asking about. It makes it easier for others to answer your question.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-06-29 15:48
    DOH!!!! I thought it was in the program that was running. Now I see where they are. It never dawned on me to wonder what they were for!!!