Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What happen with my 3.2" TFT??? — Parallax Forums

What happen with my 3.2" TFT???

Percy LPercy L Posts: 1
edited 2014-06-26 15:52 in Robotics
I got a problem with the 3.2" TFT. I connect the TFT module with Arduino MEGA 2560. Then I followed the instruction from [URL][/url]http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=101029.0[URL][/url], downloaded UTFT library, used UTFT_demo 320x240 and changed the display model to SSD1289. It can show the demo, but with many thin white lines. The lines moves when the image moves.

IMG-20140622-WA0000.jpg

I have checked the wiring and it still happens. Any one knows why is that? Thanks for the help.
1024 x 576 - 78K

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-06-25 09:53
    Percy L wrote: »
    I got a problem with the 3.2" TFT. I connect the TFT module with Arduino MEGA 2560. Then I followed the instruction from [URL][/url]http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=101029.0[URL][/url], downloaded UTFT library, used UTFT_demo 320x240 and changed the display model to SSD1289. It can show the demo, but with many thin white lines. The lines moves when the image moves.

I have checked the wiring and it still happens. Any one knows why is that? Thanks for the help.

Was this purchased from Parallax?

I would suggest downloading the Workshop4 software from 4D to verify the display.

Other than that, we do not support Arduino code here. You might want to ask on the Arduino forums.

If it was purchased through Parallax, then a call to tech support may be in order.

(888) 512-1024
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-06-25 11:32
    That doesn't look like the 4D Systems displays we carry. Are these all products from other vendors?
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-06-25 13:18
    Publison wrote: »
    Other than that, we do not support Arduino code here. You might want to ask on the Arduino forums.

While agree the poster would be wise to seek help from another source such as the Arduino forums I don't think it's against [URL="http://Posting non-Parallax related topics: Although this forum is intended for ongoing discussions about products designed by Parallax Inc, other topics can be created; however discussions regarding outside products or programming may not receive any technical attention."]the rules[/URL] to ask Arduino questions here.

I've seen several Arduino related questions get good answers on the Parallax forum (one was even from me (the answer not the question)).

I think the bigger problem here is the question is not robot related in any way I can see. I think this question would have been better asked (if asked in a Parallax forum) in the general discussion forum and it would also be good if Percy has included a link to the screen's datasheet.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-06-25 15:16
    I agree with both of you to a degree. =) Without any information about the products it's impossible to answer. It doesn't look like a display we carry, so if that's the case then it will be unlikely someone will have an answer for that specific hardware/software combination. Nonetheless we will need to wait for further clarification.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-06-26 14:30
    I connect the TFT module with Arduino MEGA
    There's the problem. You should be using a prop!!!!
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-06-26 15:52
    This question has been asked in several other forums. Before anyone puts much effort into trying to help, it may help to see what others have said.

Let's Make Robots forum and Trossen Robotics forum.

The LMR thread has a link to the datasheet.