Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Light Senser Issue. — Parallax Forums

Light Senser Issue.

Araan45Araan45 Posts: 1
edited 2014-06-25 06:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I have the board of education and I haven't used it over the course of 5 months, I just left it on my desk just setting there. I was planing to use it again and use light sensors but what happened is that it wont show "1" on the debug screen so I used the option in the book of using different wires and it did not solve my problem. This happened to my LED also that it wont turn on even with it properly configured (software and hardware). Could it be the dust that maybe collected? If so, what way would you recommend getting it out. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2014-06-25 06:57
    Dust isn't going to do it. First of all, there's not much of it. Second of all, it's mostly insulating unless your desk is in some kind of metal fabrication shop with a lot of grinding going on. Thirdly, the contacts on the breadboard area are self-wiping. When you insert a wire, the shape of the contact is such that the contact area and the wire will generally be wiped clean in the area of contact. If you go back and forth between metal pins and fine wires, sometimes that doesn't work because the contacts lose some of their springiness from stretching from the large pins.

Can you download a program to the Board of Education from your PC? What power source are you using?