Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Bot Servo Motors Gone Wrong:-( — Parallax Forums

Boe Bot Servo Motors Gone Wrong:-(

FluffyBeanz1FluffyBeanz1 Posts: 5
edited 2014-06-10 21:11 in Robotics
I have a Parallax Boe Bot (USB) and the motors are weird. The right servo is going counterclockwise and the left is going clockwise. What does it mean and how to fix it? I tried centering the servos, testing them, but NONE of them even worked. I also tried reassembling it. My Parallax Boe Bot (USB) has a ping))) and is mounted on. When I do the programming or testing, it goes in circles because the motors are going different directions. If you have a reason or explanation please post!
:lol:

Thank you! :-)

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-06-10 20:50
    Which code are you using? In order for the Boe-Bot to move forward the servos need to rotate opposite each other. You should be able to adjust your code accordingly to make it stop going in circles. However, without posting your code here we have no idea what is going on.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2014-06-10 21:10
    Standard fare: Stop =PULSOUT 750,750 Fwd= 900,600 Rev=600,900 or thereabouts.

Are you using the BoeBot book? It's all in there. Don't cheat yourself, read every word of Andy Lindsay's genius.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/96158-Boe-Bot-servo-probleme
  • GenetixGenetix Posts: 1,748
    edited 2014-06-10 21:11
    Just so we get the directions straight, the right servo is by the power switch (P12) and the left servo is by the servo ports (P13).
    From what you say your Boe-Bot is going backwards.

Either you have your servo wired backwards or your PULSOUT commands are backwards.
    Note that the PULSOUT for P13 (Left Servo) always comes first.