Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
First impressions of ActivityBot and Simple IDE — Parallax Forums

First impressions of ActivityBot and Simple IDE

mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
edited 2014-06-01 09:29 in Robotics
I occasionally do some tutoring, and yesterday I helped a young man get up to speed with his ActivityBot and Simple IDE. It was my first exposure to either and I was quite impressed. The young man is a student at North Seattle Community College and he was issued the ActivityBot as part of a class, which I thought was very cool. My compliments to Parallax and to an enlightened NSCC instructor.

Comments

• Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2014-05-31 12:41
    Hi Michael!

Good to see you back! I plan to come down for at least one SRS meeting this year, will let you know when.
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2014-06-01 09:29
    mpark wrote: »
    I occasionally do some tutoring, and yesterday I helped a young man get up to speed with his ActivityBot and Simple IDE. It was my first exposure to either and I was quite impressed. The young man is a student at North Seattle Community College and he was issued the ActivityBot as part of a class, which I thought was very cool. My compliments to Parallax and to an enlightened NSCC instructor.

Glad to hear about that.

The ActivityBot is a great hardware platform thanks to Andy and the rest of the Parallax team.
    We are busy updating the IDE software to make it better for the educational experience.

The NSCC Electronics Technology Department seems to have great offerings overall.