Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
2 ColorPALs on a BASIC Stamp — Parallax Forums

2 ColorPALs on a BASIC Stamp

TheSaboteurTheSaboteur Posts: 2
edited 2014-04-27 11:11 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

Is it possible to connect 2 ColorPALs on a BASIC Stamp 2 module?
We have tried a lot (program) , but nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2014-04-26 06:40
    Yes it's possible. You connect the data pin of each ColorPAL to a separate I/O pin (and the +5V power and ground of each ColorPAL to a source of 5V power). The Stamp can only communicate with one ColorPAL at a time. The simplest thing would be to duplicate the code changing the name (and number) of the I/O pin. In the examples in the documentation, "sio" is used for the I/O pin. You'd substitute "sio1" in the code that talks to the first ColorPAL and "sio2" in the code that talks to the 2nd ColorPAL. The details depend on what you're trying to do with the two ColorPALs.
  • TheSaboteurTheSaboteur Posts: 2
    edited 2014-04-27 11:11
    Mike Green wrote: »
    Yes it's possible. You connect the data pin of each ColorPAL to a separate I/O pin (and the +5V power and ground of each ColorPAL to a source of 5V power). The Stamp can only communicate with one ColorPAL at a time. The simplest thing would be to duplicate the code changing the name (and number) of the I/O pin. In the examples in the documentation, "sio" is used for the I/O pin. You'd substitute "sio1" in the code that talks to the first ColorPAL and "sio2" in the code that talks to the 2nd ColorPAL. The details depend on what you're trying to do with the two ColorPALs.

We tried it yesterday and it works now.
    Thanks a lot!