Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
parallax sayit — Parallax Forums

parallax sayit

nouranoura Posts: 11
edited 2014-04-27 15:10 in BASIC Stamp
Where I can find the sayit module 30080 Part online available for sale ??!!!!!!

Comments

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,646
    edited 2014-04-21 15:06
    I'm pretty sure it was replaced by the Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module.

electrodude
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-04-21 15:10
    Actually the EasyVR is the SayIt replacement. I like the EasyVR much more than the SayIt myself. They are almost the exact same thing and are used the same way. The EasyVR doesn't plug into the Homework board though.

The EasyVR has a nice little USB board to make it easier to interface the board with a PC.

There's some additional information about the EasyVR in this thread. Most of the programming examples deal with the Propeller but there's also information about the EasyVR which applies to any microcontroller.
  • ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,646
    edited 2014-04-21 15:20
    Oh, derp, the sayit module does speech recognition, not synthesis! Sorry!
    edited 2014-04-21 15:26
    Oh, derp, the sayit module does speech recognition, not synthesis! Sorry!

TTYTT I get the two mixed up too.

The Emic2 replaced the Emic.

You want to make sure if you use an Emic2 with the EasyVR to disable the EasyVR while the Emic2 is talking or your microcontroller will go insane. (Don't ask how I know.)
  • nouranoura Posts: 11
    edited 2014-04-22 00:56
    Orady I need the sayit module for my basic stamp 2
    edited 2014-04-22 08:03
    noura wrote: »
    Orady I need the sayit module for my basic stamp 2

The EasyVR can be used with the BS2. It won't plug into the ApMod (I think that's what it's called) header like the SayIt did but you can still connect it with some hookup wire. I can help you with the connections if you like.

If you really want a SayIt, I'd trade mine for an EasyVR but you'd need to pay the shipping for both devices. IMO, you'd be better off with the EasyVR.

You should also be aware that the SayIt and the EasyVR don't make decisions. It just sends out characters indicating which word was heard. The program (you write for the BS2) needs to do all the decision making based on which characters are received.
    edited 2014-04-22 08:09
    I take it you never got your SayIt module to communicate with the PC?

The EasyVR will likely be easier to use. It includes a board to make it easier for the device to communicate with the PC.
    edited 2014-04-26 09:36
    if you have sayit module parallax 30080

i would buy it from you ??
    edited 2014-04-26 09:57
    download.jpeg
    any one who have this i would buy it , thank you
    225 x 225 - 6K
    edited 2014-04-26 10:58
    I'll sell my SayIt for the price of an EasyVR plus the cost to ship the EasyVR from Parallax to me and the cost to ship the SayIt to you.

I doubt shipping from Parallax would be much more the $2 so I'll sell the SayIt for $62 plus the cost of shipping the SayIt to you. If you send me a private message with your address, I could let you know how much shipping would cost.

IMO, you'd be better off purchasing the EasyVR yourself. The board that comes with the EasyVR makes it easy to connect it to the computer. I also like the microphone on the EasyVR better than the microphone on the SayIt. If you purchase an EasyVR we could help you get it to work with the BS2. I can tell you which wires need to connect where.

I'll even test a BS2 program with my EasyVR to make sure the BS2 test program is working correctly.

If you still want to purchase my SayIt, send me a PM with your address so I can figure out how much shipping will cost, otherwise purchase an EasyVR from Parallax and let me know when you receive it and I'll help you hook it up (it's pretty easy).
    edited 2014-04-27 13:57
    I send you private message
    edited 2014-04-27 14:04
    noura wrote: »
    I send you private message

I just replied to your PM.

As I've said in this thread and in the PM, I think the EasyVR would work just fine with the BS2. Is there a particular reason why you would rather have a SayIt than an EasyVR?
    edited 2014-04-27 15:10
    The same part that I show my student and I want to finish with them

With this sayit and the next step we will have the easyvr