Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is there anyway to slow the speed of the servo rotation down when using a ServoPAL? — Parallax Forums

Is there anyway to slow the speed of the servo rotation down when using a ServoPAL?

rmcbrmcb Posts: 39
edited 2014-04-17 09:28 in Robotics
Is there anyway to slow the speed of the servo rotation down when using a ServoPAL?

I have connected it to my Basic Stamp and to my servo and it seems to be doing the trick but the servo action is instant and somewhat wrenching on the device that I am rotating with the servo.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2014-04-17 09:26
    If the ServoPAL accelerates and decelrates your load too quickly, you can always provide the ramping pulses yourself. Just be sure to provide more than 20 ms between the ramping velocity commands.

-Phil
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-04-17 09:28
    What you need to do is to send multiple values to the ServoPal so the position changes slowly. Instead of just sending the final position, send 50 or more intermediate positions. Make sure these intermediate pulses are only sent about once every 20ms or so. You lose the benefit of the SeroPal while the servo is transitioning but you once it has reached its destination you won't have to keep sending pulses.