Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
De2-115 — Parallax Forums

De2-115

rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
edited 2014-04-11 18:16 in Propeller 2
This thread is not intended to distract Chip either. Yesterday, my DE2-115 kit arrived from Parallax…. together with a surprise gift!!! Thank you Parallax.
I don't want to wait for the FPGA implementation of the new chip to start using it… and I really would like to go back and try some things with the previous model.
I seem to think that there are functional issues with the current release, and I don't want Chip to think about any of that until the new chip is ready.

Which prior release?… one that is the most functional, known to be bug free, has good data transfer functionality, and a good smattering of documentation.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-04-10 05:24
    The 2014_02_06 release was pretty good. It was missing some of the multi-threading features, I believe. It is the last one that is fully documented.

The 2014_03_24 is the latest (it fixed a bug in the 2014_03_20 release) but these aren't documented beyond the instruction list. You need to be adventuresome to play with these and dig around in the blog between 2/6/14 and 3/20/14 to see what was added/changed and how it might work.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    edited 2014-04-10 05:34
    Thanks Rick… by the way I noticed that in addition to being a little distracting… my post about SPIN2 should have gone in a thread that you started back in March:)
    That's pretty good info above… if there is a version of Invaders that runs on it… which I am now going to check… that sounds like the best bet.

I don't know how adventuresome I am… most of what I need was already in the P1:) So, my first exercise is simply to translate the PASM, get it all where it belongs on the right release and I should be a happy camper… I just needed one more COG and probably could have gotten by with the DE-nano, but I wasn't sure and didn't want to waste my efforts:)

I actually believe most of what I post… I can see products and markets based on these FPGA images. I'm not sure what I will do when I prove it to myself:)
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,921
    edited 2014-04-11 15:39
    I just got mine too...

Took it out of the box and then put it back in...

On the bright side, I'm hopeful that the new chip is less complex than the old one and therefore maybe I'll be able to understand it.
    Chip said 2 to 3 weeks for new FPGA files and I think I'll just wait...
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2014-04-11 16:43
    Rayman: DOwnload the last fpga and get it working. Just limit yourself to using the subset instructions. You will find hubexec simple to use!
    And you will be ready to go when we get the new fpga code.
    See the sticky first post for instructions (but not the latest code as it was an interim so I didn't post the link)
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    edited 2014-04-11 18:16
    Rayman... I don't know if you will see this little detail easily.... so here it is:you only ned to download the programmer... unless you intend to design your own FPGA. The rest is all in Chip's release.