Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Any means to have basic stamp going online? — Parallax Forums

Any means to have basic stamp going online?

CuriousOneCuriousOne Posts: 931
edited 2014-03-18 06:07 in BASIC Stamp
Hello.

I've built a lightning/ventilation/etc. controller using basic stamp. I'd like to have choice to remotely control it via internet. All what I need is some kind of web interface, which will have customisable buttons, and when I press certain button, corresponding key press to basic stamp will be sent. Any ideas?

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2014-03-16 05:34
    The Netburner SB70 is the heart of the old PINK web interface and the PINK firmware is available for no charge from Netburner..

Easily interfaced to the Stamp via serial. Accepts a reasonable amount of html code for the internet side of things.

Cheers,
  • CuriousOneCuriousOne Posts: 931
    edited 2014-03-16 10:00
    Thanks, will have a look!
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2014-03-16 13:30
    DIR505L, maybe. $30, connect by serial, provides wired and wireless network connection, replaces wall wart power supply. Also provides a full linux OS, headless.
    edited 2014-03-16 20:45
    Well, I also thought about using router with serial port for controlling, but router won't allow you to have custom menu, unless you do a lot of coding.
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2014-03-17 14:38
    CuriousOne wrote: »
    Well, I also thought about using router with serial port for controlling, but router won't allow you to have custom menu, unless you do a lot of coding.

Custom means coding. The DIR505 is a full linux system, same as RPi, just without the HDMI, and with wireless, for $5 less. Load apache and be done. Or for example dokuwiki, I just was introduced to that, its totally simple, just flat text files.

Of course, turn the router from a router in to a linux system will void your waranty, it is a risk.
    edited 2014-03-18 01:17
    This one looks much more appealing, both in terms of size and price ($47)

http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/embedded-device-servers/xport.html
  • stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2014-03-18 06:07
    If you go the Lantronix route, let us know how you make out. I looked at it, but always found the development kit descriptions confusing as to what was and wasn't included. In the end, the other route made sense to me.

Definitely a neater package.

Cheers