Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 Rev. A Standard Servo Wiring — Parallax Forums

BS2 Rev. A Standard Servo Wiring

T-townT-town Posts: 17
edited 2014-03-14 12:13 in BASIC Stamp
I have a BS2 Rev. A. The book send me to the Parallax site to get the wiring diagram for "older" boards but all I can find is the wiring for Rev. B. Where do I look to find the wiring for Rev. A? Should I use the Rev. B wiring?
Thanks, Joe.
PS- the second part of this question is why is Parallax mad at me? I sent my DOA board back to them, and they sent me a "new" Rev A board in it's place?!?! I see references to "Rev C or higher" boards in the book. So did they send me some old stock they can't sell anymore?

Comments

• GenetixGenetix Posts: 1,752
    edited 2014-03-11 19:17
    I am guessing you have a Board of Education (BOE) that is revision A and that you are using What's a Microcontroller (WAM) 3.0.

If that's the case then here are the instructions you need, otherwise what book and board are you using.

http://www.parallax.com/downloads/servo-circuit-connections-basic-stamp-boards
  • T-townT-town Posts: 17
    edited 2014-03-12 04:35
    Genetix wrote: »
    I am guessing you have a Board of Education (BOE) that is revision A and that you are using What's a Microcontroller (WAM) 3.0.

If that's the case then here are the instructions you need, otherwise what book and board are you using.

http://www.parallax.com/downloads/servo-circuit-connections-basic-stamp-boards

It's the HomeWork Board not the BOE. I found that diagram. I also found the HomeWork Board Rev. B diagram, but none for the Rev A. I just got it back from Parallax last week, brand new and it's a Basic Stamp Homework Board, Rev. A.....
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-03-12 04:46
    I wonder if they are referring to the old Homework board with the Serial Interface? The new Homework Board USB looks like it's still at Rev A according to the picture on the product page:

http://www.parallax.com/product/555-28188
    edited 2014-03-12 06:00
    It's a Homework Board USB, Rev A. The book has diagram for Rev C or above. Is that for HB serial Rev C and above?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-03-12 06:26
    Probably the older serial interface HW Board

HW Rev E.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • GenetixGenetix Posts: 1,752
    edited 2014-03-12 09:19
    OK, I understand now.

The USB version of the Homework Board came out after WAM 3.0 was written so that is why it is only revision A.

You have a Homework Board and those diagrams were created long ago so the Revision doesn't matter.
    The Homework board doesn't have servo ports so they need to be added.
    edited 2014-03-12 10:08
    So, your saying my Homework Board Rev. A came out after the instruction manual I'm following and I need to do....what? Wire the servo in following what instructions/diagram??
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2014-03-12 10:56
    T-town wrote: »
    So, your saying my Homework Board Rev. A came out after the instruction manual I'm following and I need to do....what? Wire the servo in following what instructions/diagram??

The HomeWork Board Serial Rev A was never released to the public, so you must have a HomeWork Board USB Rev A. You can follow the wiring diagrams in Figure 4-10 and 4-11 (pages 100 and 101) in What's a Microcontroller? v 3.0.
    edited 2014-03-14 12:13
    Got it. Thank you!