Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Board Keeps Shutting off — Parallax Forums

Board Keeps Shutting off

sharrison614sharrison614 Posts: 1
edited 2014-03-07 11:59 in BASIC Stamp
I've been trying to wire up the 4-directional tilt sensor and whenever I supply power to it, it shuts itself off. It might be user error, but how would I connect this so that it works properly? Item number on the piece used is 28036.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2014-03-07 08:45
    It might be user error, but how would I connect this so that it works properly?
    How do you have it connected now? How do you power it? What are you reading it with?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-03-07 08:46
    I've been trying to wire up the 4-directional tilt sensor and whenever I supply power to it, it shuts itself off. It might be user error, but how would I connect this so that it works properly? Item number on the piece used is 28036.

Welcome to the forums.

You are going to have to be more specific with your question. What are you using it with? Basic Stamp? Propeller? How is it connected?

A picture of you setup would be of great help.

EDIT: Eveyone types faster than me. :)
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2014-03-07 08:53
    Have you looked at the documentation? There's a link to it from the webstore page for the product. The documentation includes a sample connection diagram and sample code for a Stamp and a Propeller. There are lots of potential reasons why it might shut down when powered up. Most involve an error in connecting the device.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2014-03-07 11:59
    The PDF at http://www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/downloads/28036-4-Directional-Tilt-Sensor-v1.0.pdf shows hookup and code for a BS2. Nothing too tricky. Per Mike, it's most likely a wiring error. When in doubt, completely remove everything from the breadboard and start over with fresh eyes. If you still have trouble, post a photo and/or video of your setup.