Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBee 900HP Pro lagging with Arduino — Parallax Forums

XBee 900HP Pro lagging with Arduino

lafuentelafuente Posts: 2
edited 2014-02-28 10:01 in Accessories
Hello all,

I am using an Arduino coupled to a transmitting XBee 900HP Pro, to send an AT command to set a pin high on the receiving XBee 900HP Pro.

I have been able to accomplish this task, using a button to trigger this event. However, I have experienced lag in two instances: when the system boots up, and also during the AT command transmission. The Xbees seem to take around 20 seconds (not sure if this time is consistent) to 'wake up' and begin responding to the Arduino. Also, the Xbees seem to only be able to take send over AT commands around every 1 second, at best. When I 'flood' the AT command by pulsing the trigger button, the Xbees can't seem to keep up.

Would any of you have suggestions for addressing this issue, or be able to offer information regarding the response time of XBee 900HP Pros with AT commands?

Thank you for reading my post. I would greatly appreciate any input you can offer.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2014-02-25 15:30
    You probably would get better answers posting in an Arduino or Digi forum than a Parallax one. That said, welcome and could you post your code and drawing of your setup?
  • lafuentelafuente Posts: 2
    edited 2014-02-27 16:43
    Hi Franklin,

Thank you for the welcome. I just switched my Xbee power source from the 5V outlet on the Arduino, to the 3.3V outlet and it works perfectly! I thought that with my regulators (Gravitech XBee-ADP3), it wouldn't have mattered.

Thank you for the reply, regardless of its irrelevancy to this forum :tongue:
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2014-02-28 10:01
    Just be aware that the adapter you have expects 3.3v on the data pins and 5v will damage the xbee.
    This is a 3.3V version, which mean it is for 3.3V logic microcontroller. If you have 5V microcontroller, use XBee-ADP5.