Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Missing Learn files? — Parallax Forums

Missing Learn files?

metalRabbitmetalRabbit Posts: 5
edited 2014-02-21 10:39 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi, first post here. I'm going to be helping my friend program his Activity Bot, so I set up simpleIDE and ran the basic hello world tutorial on the built in terminal just to make sure if everything runs ok. On com 3 it kept giving me an error saying my port wasn't open. On com 4 and 5 (which is the channel the robot uses) it will instead tell me that it cannot find a few files and returns "collect2: ld returned 1 exit status". I had redownloaded and reinstalled simpleIDE and have downloaded and replaced the learn files with the most current ones, but it still gives me this error. Right now all I need is to make sure the editor can work, or else I don't think I'm going to be able to tinker with the activity bot's functions. Below is a screenshot of the editor with the settings recommended to me.

idunno.jpg

If anyone could provide some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.
1024 x 536 - 57K

Comments

• jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2014-02-21 08:11
    Hi,

Please change the project manager memory model to "CMM Main RAM Compact" and try again.

COG RAM memory model selected in the picture is a special type just for making tiny little programs.
  • metalRabbitmetalRabbit Posts: 5
    edited 2014-02-21 10:39
    That helped, thank you.