Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Unable to Connect Scribbler 2 and Fluke 2 robot? Pairing Code? — Parallax Forums

Unable to Connect Scribbler 2 and Fluke 2 robot? Pairing Code?

smahendra1smahendra1 Posts: 1
edited 2014-02-16 15:18 in Robotics
Hello,
I recently bought this scribbler 2 and fluke 2 device but I cannot connect it with my computer as it asks for a pairing code when I connect it using python (from Myro import *) and then use the init (initiator) and go to COM3 (my device), but then it asks for a pairing code, which it says is on the device any content that comes with the device, but I can't seem to find it. I use a bluetooth to connect my robot. Can someone please help me connect my robot? It also says "ERROR: unable to open port '\\.\COM3".

The Fluke2 is on this website http://betterbots.com/ and we are using it to connect with the Python program in order to control the robot for various functions.
I am also on Windows

Please help

Thanks

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-02-10 16:24
    Welcome to the forums!

Your other post has been deleted,as it is against the rules to cross-post:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/134682-Forum-Guidelines

The probable reason nobody has responded to the post is that the Fluke 2 is a new device and that the possibility exists that no one on these forums actually owns one.

I would suggest contacting Betterbots, as it seems to be a problem with communication between the Fluke board and the PC and does not seem to be Scribbler related.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-02-16 15:18
    Have you tried 0000? I believe that is the default BT connection for most all BT devices.

EDIT: This is from the Support page in your link:Connect to the robot via Bluetooth and note the serial port,
    e.g., COM40, it connects to. Fluke2 does not require a PIN/
    Passkey. If your Bluetooth software prompts you for these,
    update your PC with the drivers that came with your Bluetooth.