Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
OBEX for BASIC stamp? — Parallax Forums

OBEX for BASIC stamp?

pedwardpedward Posts: 1,642
edited 2014-02-10 09:46 in BASIC Stamp
I'm a Scoutmaster and I'm planning to do a Robotics merit badge with my troop. I was wondering if there is some semi-official code exchange for the BASIC stamp, since this is what we will be working with?

I would find it hard to believe that someone hasn't aggregated all of the BS/BS2 code somewhere.

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-02-08 16:56
    There is Stamp Code that comes with the Stamp Editor when you install it. Look in the directory where your editor is installed. Other than that I think all the Stamp code is in the downloads section of each individual item. There is nothing like the Propeller OBEX for the Stamp that I am aware of.

EDIT: There is also code that Forumistas have created. You could do a search if you are looking for something specific or you can just start a thread asking for specific code and if someone has it they are usually pretty good about sharing, as long as you are not wanting code for school projects. Are you looking for anything in particualr?
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2014-02-08 18:04
    There is lots of material for the BASIC Stamp, far more than could be held in one repository.

To start with there is the Stamps-in-Class program, both text and source code available. Specifically, there is the robotics tutorial.
    http://learn.parallax.com/basic-stamp-tutorials
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php/82013-Stamps-in-Class-quot-Mini-Projects-quot

There is a lot more than that, several good books that are available free online, as well as a long tradition of articles and programs that appeared in the BASIC Stamp column in Nuts and Volts magazine. There used to be a nice set of links on the Parallax site to those resources, but I can't find them at the moment. Of course there is a lot in the BASIC Stamp forum archives and in outside web sites that may come up with a targeted search. Echoing NWCCTV, are you looking for something in particular?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-02-10 09:46
    Adding to what others said, some of us who have been working with BASIC Stamps for so many years should be able to point you to relevant source code if available if you can provide some specific examples of what you're looking for. Don't be afraid to let us know. :nerd: