Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Skryf, The Robot That Writes Poetry In Sand — Parallax Forums

Skryf, The Robot That Writes Poetry In Sand

Comments

• RforbesRforbes Posts: 281
    edited 2014-02-03 15:50
    Wow, what a fun idea! Poetry, jokes, inspirational sayings, maybe even clues for a scavenger hunt could be written by this little guy for some plain old fun all kinds of settings.
  • NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2014-02-04 05:34
    Erco,
    Thanks for sharing!

What amazing project and what an idea!
    Trying to find ways in order to write into the ground, using a robot slightly bigger than the stingray robot, this idea as well as the use of a graffiti spray, are the best.
    However this one (with the sand), has the advantage that can save you from authorities’ fines for vandalism, as the sand is not permanent.
    The only negative I think, is that when a robot (like S2 or Stingray robot ) uses the sand in order to write sentences, must not pass again any part (e.g. tail wheel or the movement wheels) on the written phrase, because easily it can destroy the writing.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2014-02-04 09:49
    NikosG wrote: »
    The only negative I think, is that when a robot (like S2 or Stingray robot ) uses the sand in order to write sentences, must not pass again any part (e.g. tail wheel or the movement wheels) on the written phrase, because easily it can destroy the writing.

That certainly makes a good case for using a front caster and two rear drive wheels.
  • NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2014-02-04 11:53
    erco wrote: »
    That certainly makes a good case for using a front caster and two rear drive wheels.

I think that it is not solve the problem because the robot will need to do rotations in order to write a letter (If we follow the same method as the writing with the S2 robot)

However it is a good idea to change my abandoned 4wd rover to a sand robot adding an appropriate mechanism for y- movements. I think that the rover can make the x -movement using its wheels.......
    Of course the algorithm of each letter must change.....
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2014-02-04 14:35
    Might be an interesting social experiment if it wrote letters by dropping a trail of M&Ms or something else edible, to see if people would pick up the "pixels" and eat them when people think no one is watching them. Youtube THAT. :)
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2014-02-06 18:29
    Neat project! Love the M&M drop idea too.My son would follow it anywhere...