Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with Netlist error in schematic. — Parallax Forums

Help with Netlist error in schematic.

thebenmanthebenman Posts: 1
edited 2014-01-26 07:57 in Robotics
Hey,
I got this schematic off a completed project by the students of the Cornell University.I basically wanted to replicate this project and add control using relays.However,when i compiled the schematic for Netlist errors using ExpressSCH,i encountered some Netlist errors.Since this is my first encounter with schematics and PCB design,i find it a bit hard to understand.Kindly help me in debugging the schematics.I have attached the schematic file.

Comments

• Hal AlbachHal Albach Posts: 747
    edited 2014-01-26 06:46
    Many of your components are using component value as the component ID. The Netlist error I'm getting is pointing to two resistors with the same ID, 1K, connected to pins 1 & 3 of U1. I suggest that you right click each component, select Set component properties... and change the component ID for resistors to R then click Auto Assign Part ID. Then fill in the part name or value box down lower with the part's value. Set the ID for all your components to standard names (R, C, L, U, etc) and use the auto button to assign a unique number.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-01-26 07:13
    You will also have to ungroup the JHD 162A device and assign pin numbers. See the quick start guide in the Help menu.

That's as far as I got, but there may be more.

It seems like the project was not set up correctly from the start.
  • Hal AlbachHal Albach Posts: 747
    edited 2014-01-26 07:57
    "You will also have to ungroup the JHD 162A device and assign pin numbers. See the quick start guide in the Help menu."

Also for the transistor in the upper left corner. (I think a small 3 terminal 3.3V regulator would be safer.)