Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No Stamps Found Help! — Parallax Forums

No Stamps Found Help!

nshoemanshoema Posts: 6
edited 2013-12-28 18:34 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everyone, I just bought the BASIC Stamp 2 Homework board, and every time I run a program I either get the error "No Stamps Found, please change the default port from COM3 to AUTO." or simply No Stamps Found. The weird thing is, it still lights up every time I run my code, here is my
'{$STAMP}
DEBUG "Hello World!"
I tried setting it to AUTO but still nothing, what should I do, how can I solve this?

Comments

• davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2013-12-28 14:17
    Hello nsoema - welcome to the Forum.

It would appear your code is incomplete. Check the IDE online help under "compiler directives".

You'll need a "stamp directive", like:
    '{$STAMP BS2}

...and a "PBASIC directive", like:
    '{$PBASIC 2.5}

Make those changes and let us know what happens?
  • nshoemanshoema Posts: 6
    edited 2013-12-28 14:42
    I added both lines and still nothing, I just get a plain No Stamps Found error?
  • garyggaryg Posts: 420
    edited 2013-12-28 16:20
    Are you trying to program your Homework board by using only Serial Cable?
    I had what I think was similar troubles when starting out with my Homework board.
    I had to purchase something called USB to 232 converter from Parallax.
    After purchasing the USB to 232 converter and programming through the USB, I was successful at
    getting the "Hello World" to run.

also
    Your programs need the Directives that davejames is talking about.

I hope this helps you in some manner.
  • nshoemanshoema Posts: 6
    edited 2013-12-28 17:17
    Yes I added the directives and still got an error. I am trying to program it with a USB A to Mini B cable that came with the board, can you give me a link to the USB to 232 in the store?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-12-28 18:34
    You don't need the USB to RS232 adapter. The USB Homework Board has this built-in. What you're probably missing is a battery. The Homework Board is not powered by USB and needs a power source, for programming as well as running the program. If you've got a battery hooked up, try a new one. The 9V batteries don't have much capacity and become exhausted pretty quickly.