Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help about LSM303DLHC! — Parallax Forums

Help about LSM303DLHC!

gfbusegfbuse Posts: 1
edited 2013-12-27 12:29 in Accessories
Hi!
I need help about Lsm303dlhc sensor. It is a digital sensor that include accelerometer and magnetometer. I activeted it with pic microcontroller. I have a code that work. Now, I must convert the digital values that come from sensor to meaningul numbers in terms of degree and gauss. I defined the values of sensor as word bit. It gives numbers between 0 and 65536. I need a formula that can convert these values to meaningful numbers. Are there anyone who can help about this issue?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-12-27 12:29
    I suggest you look through the sample code for similar sensors sold by Parallax. There's sample code for the Stamps and the Propeller. Links to the sample code can be found on the webstore page for the product. Parallax sells 2 axis and 3 axis accelerometers (see here) and compasses (see here). Other Propeller code can be found in the Propeller Object Exchange (here).

This is a support forum for Parallax products. We can't realistically support other sensors like the LSM303DLHC or competing microcontrollers like the PIC. Parallax's sample code tends to have detailed comments in it and that may have the sort of formulas you want.