Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp drone — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp drone

DavidNymanDavidNyman Posts: 52
edited 2014-01-02 20:18 in Robotics
Here's a bot I've been working on lately.
I believe there's something cool about track drive bots so they are my main focus lately.
The bot uses 42mm planetary drive motors enclosed in the front. The bot provides feedback back to my remote using a pair of Xbees. Those red things sticking up in the back are new LifePo batteries and seem to work pretty well so far. The batteries are in series for 24vdc. The pictured displays tell me main battery voltage and voltage going to the BS2 super carrier board.
The motor controllers are 24vdc at 23 amps and work great. The gear ratio of the drive motors provides lots of power and the bot drives through the grass in the back with ease.
I'm currently machining a turret which carries a camera and video transmitter so I can drive the bot from indoors.
I use two basic stamps, one in the remote and one in the bot. The turret servo was supposed to use a Propeller servo controller but I learned a few days ago they had been discontinued. Now I'm trying to use another companies controller and the results haven't been great. Mainly because of my own lack of programming skills.
My goal is to change out the BS2 to a Propeller in both the remote and the bot to simplify things. I've gotta do a little more learning before that becomes a reality. :-)
1024 x 1365 - 135K
1024 x 1365 - 126K

Comments