Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can i combine nrf24l01 with eddie control board ? — Parallax Forums

Can i combine nrf24l01 with eddie control board ?

hcchenhcchen Posts: 14
edited 2014-02-16 06:06 in Accessories
i want to use NRF24L01( RF) to control eddie robot control board by personal NB.

Does it gonna Compatibility NRF24L01 with eddie robot control board?

Eddie Control Board : http://www.parallax.com/product/28993

Which experts can help me?

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-12-16 09:28
    Here's a link to my most recent nRF24L01+ driver. I'm pretty sure my driver is buggy since it's much slower than it should be. I do intend to improve the driver sometime soon.

One problem with using the nRF24L01+ is the device requires a lot of I/O pins to communicate with it. My driver requires six of the Propeller I/O pins. I'm pretty sure the interrupt line isn't necessary since incoming messages could be detected by polling the module. If the software were altered, the number of pins needed could probably be reduced to five.

It should be possible to share the clock, MISO and MOSI pins with other SPI devices. My driver doesn't release these pins automatically but I'm pretty sure I included a method which will instruct the PASM cog to release the I/O pins (set them as inputs and low). I'm not sure if I've tested this feature of not.

I'm not aware of anyone having used these modules with the Eddie Control Board. Merging the Nordic (nRF24L01+) modules with the standard Eddie software shouldn't be too hard but I also doubt it's a trivial task.
  • hcchenhcchen Posts: 14
    edited 2014-02-16 06:06
    thank you ^^