Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
3 Ir's on Parallax Boebot? — Parallax Forums

3 Ir's on Parallax Boebot?

demetrax1demetrax1 Posts: 2
edited 2013-12-13 19:14 in BASIC Stamp
Hi

My name is Demetri and this is an URGENT MESSAGE!!! Our competition is tomorrow, and we had to completely re-design our Boe-Bot.

We are using 3 Ir's: 1 in the front, 1 on the left side, and 1 on the right side. We are using the Board of Education, coding with PBASIC 2.5.

Basically, we need a wiring diagram such as the one pictured in "Boe-Bot Chapter 7: Navigating with Infrared Headlights" in "Robotics with the Boe-Bot".

Please, calling all Boe-Bot and/or Parallax in-general enthusiasts, I need help ASAP.

Thanks, Demetri :lol:

Comments

• bsjohnbsjohn Posts: 19
    edited 2013-12-13 12:55
    I assume you're wanting to wire another set of IR object detectors from Figure 7-7 of the text? If so you will need two free pins and duplicate what is shown for P0/P2 or P8/P9 for your third detector. If I misunderstood your question please clarify further.
  • thedinosuarthedinosuar Posts: 1
    edited 2013-12-13 16:32
    We are looking for an example wiring on the breadboard. We tried that and we also have to run extension wires but the third IR still wouldn't work.
    Any input?
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-12-13 16:47
    What are you using for power and what other components are connected? A schematic and sample code might help.
  • bsjohnbsjohn Posts: 19
    edited 2013-12-13 19:14
    We are looking for an example wiring on the breadboard. We tried that and we also have to run extension wires but the third IR still wouldn't work.
    Any input?

Do you have an ohm meter? Start by confirming you have coonectivity on the third sensor like it's shown in Figure 7-7. The bread board layout should look just like the other two sensors and moved an approprate numbers of holes into the middle of the board.