Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can BS2e process data from a text file? — Parallax Forums

Can BS2e process data from a text file?

bhaskarghsh4bhaskarghsh4 Posts: 20
edited 2013-12-15 15:42 in BASIC Stamp
Greetings,
As we use files during the file related programming in C language, is there any way to do that with basic stamp?
It is required to accomplish my task precisely. So if there is any such methods please share about it with references & examples (if possible).

Thank you.

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2013-12-12 05:20
    There is no inherent way for the Stamp to manage files in the usual sense. For most applications there isn't enough available memory.

However, there are ways to read from large SD cards or external EEPROM in a piece-meal fashion and process small sections of data at a time.

Can you give us some more details of what you need? There are some clever and resourceful people on these forums!

Cheers,
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-12-12 09:34
    Look at Parallax's Memory Stick Datalogger. This is a device that can be connected to a microcontroller like the BS2e that manages a USB memory device containing standard PC-compatible files. Another option would be to use a Propeller as your microcontroller instead of the BS2e. The Propeller has library routines that directly manage a PC-compatible SD card. One of the Application Notes (AN006) discusses this in detail (see attachment).
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2013-12-15 15:42
    I can attest to the utility of the Memory Stick Dataloggers. I have many projects in the field that both read from and write files to these devices from a BS2sx or px, but I believe an e would also be fine.