Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Questions on sensor integration for the HoverFly Open — Parallax Forums

Questions on sensor integration for the HoverFly Open

Jay.BeaversJay.Beavers Posts: 7
edited 2013-12-13 11:50 in Robotics
I see in Ken's original blog about the HoverFly Open it refers to sensor extensibility to include GPS, accelerometer, and barometric pressure sensor. In reviewing the HoverFly Open Users Guide, I see some details on integrating an LV-MaxSonar-EZ0 for altitude hold, but no information on GPS, accelerometer, or barometric pressure sensor. Where can I find information on this?

Thanks,

- jcb

Comments

• JasonDorieJasonDorie Posts: 1,930
    edited 2013-12-12 16:26
    The HoverFly "Open" is probably one of the more misnamed pieces of hardware available. It is open in the sense that you are free to develop new software for it, assuming you are able to locate their well hidden documentation and tech specs. Their software is proprietary, closed, and undocumented. I have code that makes it fly. I'm currently working on support for accelerometer and compass, but no support yet for barometer or GPS.
  • Jay.BeaversJay.Beavers Posts: 7
    edited 2013-12-13 05:01
    Is the hidden documentation you refer to the user guide? Or is there another set of documentation I haven't found yet that you are referring to?
  • JasonDorieJasonDorie Posts: 1,930
    edited 2013-12-13 11:50
    I've never actually seen that document - I got a schematic from Kevin at Parallax. But yeah, that's about it. It's open in that you're welcome to code stuff for it yourself, and they gave you some extra pins to play with.