Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Simple IDE on LInux — Parallax Forums

Simple IDE on LInux

fridafrida Posts: 155
edited 2013-11-27 01:55 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I have Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit, and I can not get SimpleIDE started.
Downloaded version from WEB: SimpleIDE-0-9-40.r2.i686.debian-linux.tar.bz2
Unpacked in Dokumenter/Propeller/.
In Dokumenter/Propeller/SimpleIDE-0-9-40/bin I started ./SimpleIDE in a concole.
But here are what I get:
poul@poul-S400CA:~/Dokumenter/Propeller/SimpleIDE-0-9-40/bin$ ./SimpleIDE
./SimpleIDE: error while loading shared libraries: libquazip.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
poul@poul-S400CA:~/Dokumenter/Propeller/SimpleIDE-0-9-40/bin$

Yes the libraries is in the same folder.

What to do next?

Please
Frida

Comments

• jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2013-11-26 10:54
    Please look here.

https://code.google.com/p/propside/issues/detail?id=185&can=1&q=linux&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Owner%20Summary

SimpleIDE distributions on Linux has been a work in progress since my original packaging methodology was rejected.

We are close to producing a new 0-9-45+ package for Linux. Stay tuned.
  • fridafrida Posts: 155
    edited 2013-11-26 12:00
    Thanks, it is not so simple after Parallax got it!
    I will wait and see.
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2013-11-26 15:45
    I'm waiting for this too. It seems to be on the verge of happening since spring. At least we can be confident that when it does come to exist, it will be very good indeed.
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2013-11-26 16:08
    I'm waiting for this too. It seems to be on the verge of happening since spring. At least we can be confident that when it does come to exist, it will be very good indeed.
    Please clarify your expectations. The hold was put on Sept 3rd.
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2013-11-26 18:35
    This is not a demand, but since you ask, my wish is:

simpleIDE, such that I can compile spin on the PC, under windows or linux, and load it to any standard Prop (quickstart, demo board proto board etc), to EEPROM at minimum.

Windows would include at least Windows XP, and windows 7.

Linux would include at least one recent release, and would run on Raspberry Pi. So I guess that means Debian Wheezy but feel free to let me know if something turns out to be betterr at the time.

The install would be a one step operation; the installer would choose the "regular" default locations and envirionment variable setting if no overrrides are selected. The result would be such that a default install would always work, as we have come to expect from most windows and linux standard package installs. The user would NOT have to futz with anything or have any special knowledge of compilers or operating system beyond "standard".

The user wound not be required to do any special gyrations setting up the tool; such as configuring projects etc; clicking on the spin file would "just work" as in the current windows proptool.

Ultimately, the install would be something we could do in a class of kids with their own laptops. For example, we can expect them to download and install proptool and teraterm, so I hope we can have them download and install simpleIDE.

Also, half the team and most of the kids use Apple equipment, if it works on Mac whatever book and iPad, they would be happy and I would continue to claim insufficient knowledge to provide support.

Thanks for asking!
  • fridafrida Posts: 155
    edited 2013-11-27 01:55
    I am a Newbee, and I mess up my UBUNTU when I try to get it working.
    It should be as easy as install GO, as I have running.
    Now back and install UBUNTU again.