Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Does Parallax ever have killer sales on their robotics? — Parallax Forums

Does Parallax ever have killer sales on their robotics?

Too_Many_ToolsToo_Many_Tools Posts: 765
edited 2013-11-19 17:44 in Robotics
As in the EV3 discussion, I have noted that the Lego robots ocassionally come on sale at significantly reduced pricing.

So does Parallax ever have killer sales on their robots?

If so, when and how much is the reduction in price?

Thanks for the info.

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2013-11-19 13:10
    Watch the daily deals on the main website:

http://www.parallax.com/

'
    They sometimes bundle a bunch of products together on a weekend or a holiday.

You have to check everyday.

Jim

EDIT: Also check out the upper left corner on the home page for sales items.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2013-11-19 13:39
    Ebay and IIRC, somebody got some killer deal on BoeBots during the Radio Shack meltdown.
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-11-19 14:00
    Check back on Black Friday. I purchased my S2 for $90 on a Black Friday sale.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2013-11-19 14:11
    erco wrote: »
    Ebay and IIRC, somebody got some killer deal on BoeBots during the Radio Shack meltdown.

Just to echo erco, check ebay with seller id pbasic1, that's Parallax.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2013-11-19 15:17
    Duane Degn wrote: »
    Check back on Black Friday. I purchased my S2 for $90 on a Black Friday sale.

I haven't heard a peep out of Pololu about their Black Friday sale, but I know it's coming and I'll overbuy again.
  • Jen J.Jen J. Posts: 649
    edited 2013-11-19 16:21
    We do have a Black Friday sale planned with 15% off select robot kits this year. :)
  • Too_Many_ToolsToo_Many_Tools Posts: 765
    edited 2013-11-19 16:26
    erco wrote: »

That "somebody" was me...a large box of BoeBots that has been forgotten in the back room.

That pricing will not be repeated again..thankfully for the sake of Radio Shack/Parallax.

I also purchased numerous BoeBots during the Vex Robot Purge Era of several years back...again at insane pricing.

My immediate interest is that I may spring for some Parallax robots for my nephews and nieces and am interested in the past history of Parallax offering their bots here online.
    edited 2013-11-19 16:27
    Jen J. wrote: »
    We do have a Black Friday sale planned with 15% off select robot kits this year. :)

Thanks for the heads up Jen.
  • Jen J.Jen J. Posts: 649
    edited 2013-11-19 17:02
    We also have a pretty huge sensor sale planned for Cyber Monday and some very nice pricing on select BASIC Stamps during the holiday season. Please stay tuned (and maybe get your credit cards ready). ;)
    edited 2013-11-19 17:25
    Jen J. wrote: »
    We also have a pretty huge sensor sale planned for Cyber Monday and some very nice pricing on select BASIC Stamps during the holiday season. Please stay tuned (and maybe get your credit cards ready). ;)

Again thanks for the heads up.

FWIW...knowing a sale is coming helps me spend my money here and not elsewhere.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-11-19 17:44
    I got my Wild Thumper at 10% off. Can't remember what the sale was for, possibly July 4th.