Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pyAB_prj — Parallax Forums

pyAB_prj

RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,837
edited 2013-11-14 08:29 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I decided to put off doing any more with the autoAB_prj, maybe at a later date, I will look at it again.

The pyAB_prj seems like a better way to go, to review, go to the My ActivityBot thread. I now have the pyGUI part working very well on the RPi, and I have worked out most of the bugs with the scripting program on the ActivityBot. I will be expanding the script interpreter with more commands, so the script files will be able to do more.

The only bad news that I have is with the ActivityBot itself, very poor repeatability due to the wheels traction. I have been running some tests using a transition in surfaces, going from carpet to wood floor and back to carpet. The ActivityBot does fairly well on the carpet surface, but the wood floors really do it in, especially when making turns. I am not sure how this could be remedied, I guess if I slow the ActivityBot way down, that might relieve some of the problem, but it will be painful to watch it move at less than a snails pace. I am not not sure if you can get wheels with a bit more traction surface, but that may be the only solution.

I guess maybe I will have to spend some quality time with the ActivityBot encoder system, I cannot get into a working data logging system until I have a grasp on how the encoders work, anybody have a suggestion as to what I should read?

Ray