Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Working this remote for my IR-controlled Boebot — Parallax Forums

Working this remote for my IR-controlled Boebot

FarrowFarrow Posts: 2
edited 2013-11-13 18:15 in Accessories
Hello Parallax forums! Fresh robotics/electronics student here and my class has been working with the Boebot and now and I'm very far ahead (Im finished reading and working with everything on the book, as well as the QTI sensors) so I decided to try IR Remote (and hopefully Bluetooth soon if only I solve this IR problem) but I am completely stuck here. I asked my teacher for a remote control and he gave me something different than the IR remote control 'manual' is using. My teacher can't help me either since this is his first time teaching the course.

I carefully read the instructions properly aswell as the schematics.

Problem:
The signal that is only received by the Boebot is '1' if I use this code no matter what button I use. I'm using the code that is on the manual book, but I will upload/attach it here so it will be easier to see and open. I am not sure what the problem is so I need your help. I really want to know the problem and on how to troubleshoot it in times like this.

This is my remote that I am using:

weirdremote.jpg

as oppose to Parallax' recommendation (a.k.a. The one's in the manual guide)
remotelol.png

Questions:

1. What do you think is the problem? My basic stamp codes aren't compatible? or the remote isn't programmed properly to the Boebot?
2. Should I buy my own universal remote? They are pretty cheap and if it saves me the trouble, I'll do it.
3. I have a SONY remote for my home theatre at home, do you think this will work for this project?

Thank you for reading!

The codes I'm using are down below.

IrRemoteButtonDisplay.bs2
IrRemoteCodeCapture.bs2

PS: I might be missing some questions or some obvious here so feel free to ask if anything is vague to you.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-11-13 18:06
    The tutorial "IR Remote for the BoeBot Robot" (see the downloads) assumes that you're using a Sony remote or one compatible with Sony devices. The tutorial explains the Sony remote control data format. If you have a different kind of remote, the software won't work with it. Try the remote from your home theater.
  • FarrowFarrow Posts: 2
    edited 2013-11-13 18:15
    I guess all I can do is to give my SONY home theatre remote a shot. I will tell you the results tomorrow, thanks!