Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Nordic modules - nRF24LE or equivalent — Parallax Forums

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-11-12 14:01
    I have some information about the nRF24L01+ modules (your first link) in post #1 of my index (see signature).

I'm actively working on improving the current driver Spin/PASM driver for these transceivers (as part of my robot remote project). The current Propeller driver for the Nodic nRF24L01+ modules can be found in the first of the "Similar Threads" below.

The other transceivers you listed have a built in microcontroller.
  • Alex.StanfieldAlex.Stanfield Posts: 198
    edited 2013-11-12 15:02
    Duane Degn wrote: »
    I have some information about the nRF24L01+ modules (your first link) in post #1 of my index (see signature).

I'm actively working on improving the current driver Spin/PASM driver for these transceivers (as part of my robot remote project). The current Propeller driver for the Nodic nRF24L01+ modules can be found in the first of the "Similar Threads" below.

The other transceivers you listed have a built in microcontroller.

Thanks for the pointers Duane! That's a good reference for the bare transmitter.

Are there equivalents for the nrf24LE modules? I'm looking for a simple remote control so the embedded microcontroller would do fine for a all in one module.

Alex
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-11-12 16:06
    Are there equivalents for the nrf24LE modules? I'm looking for a simple remote control so the embedded microcontroller would do fine for a all in one module.

I'm sure there are but I don't know where they are hiding (not have I looked much).

I've debated about getting some of the LE version. I just don't want to have to learn to use a different microcontroller. I have used the nRF24L01+ modules/chips with AVR ATtiny uCs.

Now that you've got me thinking about the LE version, I'll probably purchase a couple to experiment with. They would be really useful for wireless sensor applications where you don't need a lot of processing power at the sensor itself.