Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No responsive Spinneret. — Parallax Forums

No responsive Spinneret.

LA6WNALA6WNA Posts: 138
edited 2013-11-19 13:47 in Accessories
Hi folks !
Seems like my Spinneret WebServer killed himself last night..
Attached code ver 4, has been running for almost a year now. It could happen (maybee once a month) that the server got unresponsive and needed a reset. During this "hangs", it still were responsive to PING.
5 days ago, I made a change in the code. This is the attached code ver 4.2. The changes is made in line 132-136. (MultiSocketServer)
I made a if-code that checked if the sockets where closed. If some of the sockets got into the IsClosed-state, I re-run the CloseWait PUB.
Also added the user-LED at the pin 23 into the code, to visual monitor what happened.
To test this function, I requested my server really hard by F5 om my computer until it got a "hang". Afther some blink in the user-LED, the server where up running OK again.
NOW I really got rid of this server hang`s, I thought. The code ver 4.2 ran from saturday until last night. (abt 5 days) Then it was "the end"....
Now the Spinneret is compleetly deaf. Even no PING response. But all the LED`s monitoring network activity behave normal.
Tonight I reloaded the old ver 4 again, but still no response.
So my question is: Have I done a BIG mistake her, and made a "suicide code" for my dear Spinneret? :frown:
Is it really possible to damage the Wiznet W5100 chip by a mistake in the driver software?

It could also be that the server broke down for some other reasons, but that`s hard to say. I got one more Spinneret, but I won`t take the chance of loading this one with the code ver 4.2 if there is the code itself that killed the server.

I appreciate some thoughts about this from you folks. I`m a newbee in this game, you know...

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2013-11-08 16:03
    LA6WNA,

It is difficult to tell by just looking at your top object. Use the "File->Archive->Project" option from the IDE and attach that code.
  • LA6WNALA6WNA Posts: 138
    edited 2013-11-09 01:15
    Hi again. Thanks for repply, Beau.
    Yeah, of course. I thought about it afther I posted the files.
    Here I`ve attached the archived project, so you will be able to run it. Hope It`s OK.
  • LA6WNALA6WNA Posts: 138
    edited 2013-11-19 13:47
    Hi again.
    Afther some investigation, I found that pin 27 (the aux3 pin) on my Spinneret where defective. I used this pin for the CS-line in the I2C-connection between the server and my "main station" propeller. This line also got a pull-up resistor, so it`s tied to the high level. With this line connected, the Spinneret would not initialize at reboot. I changed this line over to aux 0 (pin 24), and now it seems like the Spinneret is running again, Now I hope my new code will run. (still haven`t seen the "magic blue smoke" coming out):cool:
    Now I`m very happy again.:lol: