Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Just Got my Eddie . Need Help — Parallax Forums

Just Got my Eddie . Need Help

Blake KochBlake Koch Posts: 39
edited 2013-11-14 19:35 in Robotics
Just Got Eddie today and not sure witch Kinect camera is supported by RDS4. There are two on the market one for x box and one for Windows. My guess would be the one for Windows but that's could be a $200.00 mistake if I'm wrong.
????

Thanks Blake

Comments

• Blake KochBlake Koch Posts: 39
    edited 2013-11-08 18:24
    FYI

If anyone whats to know there appears to be almost no difference between the Microsoft Kinect and the Xbox Kinect. As I read into it the Microsft version has a few more features like close range focus 1.3 feet and is intended for comertial application but cannot be used on Xbox. So I guess it really does not matter which unit this Eddie gets.
  • StempileStempile Posts: 82
    edited 2013-11-09 09:34
    Guessing... The Microsoft Kinect came out after XBox version. Non-XBox version was intended to be used devices such as PCs etc. When the XBox version hit the market there was a race to hack it for use outside of the XBox; at the time not officially supported for non-XBox use. After some time Microsoft released the non-XBox version with SDKs and official support beyond XBox.

Also there is a new version of the XBox coming out with a refreshed Kinect - I haven't reviewed the specs much. Would be interesting to see if that Kinect will be available outside of the 'Xbox One' bundle for use with RDS?
  • primekingprimeking Posts: 3
    edited 2013-11-14 16:50
    Blake Koch wrote: »
    Just Got Eddie today and not sure witch Kinect camera is supported by RDS4. There are two on the market one for x box and one for Windows. My guess would be the one for Windows but that's could be a $200.00 mistake if I'm wrong.
    ????

Thanks Blake
    XBOX 360 1.4m -4m kinect for windows 0.8 - 4m . All can use on eddie.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2013-11-14 19:35
    primeking wrote: »
    XBOX 360 1.4m -4m kinect for windows 0.8 - 4m . All can use on eddie.

For certain the XBOX version works with Eddie.