Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Any sites that discuss Capsela? — Parallax Forums

Any sites that discuss Capsela?

Too_Many_ToolsToo_Many_Tools Posts: 765
edited 2013-11-11 18:34 in Robotics
I really like the Capsela concept of mechanical modules.

Any sites that talk Capsela?

Also any idea how many different sets of Capsela were made?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,557
    edited 2013-11-06 18:16
    I don't know of any discussion groups, but I had one of those kits several moons ago.... Even without any electronics those kits are pretty cool as far as the stuff you can come up with.... it's pretty windy here at times, so I took the Propeller and feed it through two of the gear boxes before it made it's way to the wheels. You could face that vehicle directly into the wind and it would propel itself into the wind. Pretty cool if you think about it. Good luck in finding a discussion forum... Start your own <- just a thought.
  • StempileStempile Posts: 82
    edited 2013-11-09 17:47
    I had a blast with Capsela and the MB Robotix sets. Found ways to mix both sets. Back before digital pictures. Would love to find pictures of the stuff I hacked together!! My perception of today's toys, outside of Lego (and even Lego to some extent), building sets are heavily themed with a lot of 'pre-built' or 'single purposed' components. This seems like limit the creativity some what.

Capsela with its electronic sequence programmer unit was awesome. I remember punching in tons of sequences because I couldn't save anything. It makes Lego Mindstorms look like a dream come true!

capsela_Set.jpg
    robotix_set.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 119K
    1024 x 765 - 157K
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2013-11-10 07:17
    IIRC, Capsela's first name is Ron and he's very active here: http://forums.parallax.com/member.php/40768-Ron-Czapala :)

Yes, Capsela was a very cool construction set. Early 80's, clear snap-together spheres with gears inside, very futuristic.
  • zappmanzappman Posts: 418
    edited 2013-11-10 08:31
    I have some Capsela and the Robotix sets, purchased years ago when my sons where children.

Both types of sets are neat to work with, I would like to know how to easily make them work together, and with Lego.

I picked up a used Robotix set with about 80% of its parts including a pair of motors for a few bucks at a flea market about a month ago, to add to my collection.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2013-11-11 18:34
    Lots comes up with a simple Google search - including this....