Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp BS2sx and RFID ID12 — Parallax Forums

Stamp BS2sx and RFID ID12

haco1haco1 Posts: 3
edited 2013-10-29 04:02 in BASIC Stamp
I did build a door opening device with a BS2sx and a key pad to open the door of my house in
1999. Now I would like to enhance this with an RFID ID12 reader. I got beside the BS2sx also
a BS2p24. This ID12 can deliver three different possible data streams: ASCII, magnet emulation
(clock, data, and card present) and Wiegand26. Question now is which one of the three should
I use? Next question is does anyone know of a Pbasic program solution for this problem. The last
time I wrote a Stamp basic program was in 1999. This means that I act like a newbie. I would
appreciate if somebody could lead me to already known program routines for this problem.
Cheers Hans from Austria

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-10-27 14:29
    The ASCII data stream will most likely look similar to the data stream from Parallax's RFID reader and you may be able to use the example code for that device. As with most Parallax products, links to example code and documentation is provided on the webstore page for the product: here and here (see Additional Resources).
  • haco1haco1 Posts: 3
    edited 2013-10-28 10:07
    Thank you for your speedy answer but the code is written for stamp1. To convert it for stamp2 is not so easy for me maybe impossible. Is there a program available for converting automatically stamp1 code into stamp2 code? Or can somebody lead me to a working code for the stamp2?

cheers
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-10-28 15:35
    Actually the code Mike linked is for the BS2 as well and includes conditional compilation for handling the BS2sx which you are using.
  • haco1haco1 Posts: 3
    edited 2013-10-29 04:02
    Sorry I overlooked this. Can be marked as solved.